Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Bike Fit


To stick with the theme of changes for 2009, I had a proper bike fit done today by Don at Fort Street Cycles and Joel. My position on the bike is something I haven't looked at in years and as a result, I have been riding the same position as the days when I had back pain, with a big stack of headset spacers. And, somehow over the years, my saddle height has drifted down, which probably didn't help my knee injuries this year. I am a little embarrassed that I haven't had my position assessed in quite awhile, but also excited that there is quite a lot of room for improvement. 

We're basically going to start from scratch, but we will have to ease my body into the new position, so the changes will happen in increments over the new few weeks. We also discovered that my frame is actually too big for me, so my wonderful sponsor, Argon 18 has agreed to send out a new frame next week. This bike fit comes at the right time as Argon has just released an update on the Gallium, their top-of-the-line road frame. The Gallium Pro will be equally stiff and speedy as the Gallium, but just a little lighter.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is so interesting. wow.

ben

Anonymous said...

I wonder how much bike shops charge for fittings. Seems like a good idea to do!!