Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Maple and thyme roasted carrots


That title pretty much sums of the ingredients...

Carrots
Fresh thyme
Olive oil (~2 tbsp)
Maple syrup (~1 tbsp)
Cinnamon (pinch)
Salt & pepper

Slice up the carrots (or leave whole if they're skinny) and toss in a bowl with the remaining ingredients. Spread out on a cookie sheet and roast at 415 degrees for about 20-30 minutes, tossing once or twice. So simple and almost tastes like a dessert...almost...

And, now that my wrist is healed up and strong, I'm back to endangering my life by chopping squash! If you happen to have a squash on hand (any kind will work great), slice it up and roast it at the same time as the carrots. Tonight we roasted this banana squash with some thyme (can you tell what herb I'm crazy about these days?), olive oil, salt and pepper. It cooks quicker than the carrots so keep an eye on it and pull it out just as the edges crisp up.


I'm taking a hiatus from the kitchen for a bit. I've decided to take a new approach to my rehab and head down to Arizona tomorrow. I might be back in as soon as three days, but maybe longer... more on that soon!

No comments: