Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Just a few GREAT things

Wow, what a great day. I'd have to say even better than yesterday (that comment is completely sarcastic as I was hit with food poisoning yesterday so did NOT have a very good day! I will NEVER eat tuna and/or MAYO again. Long story, but here's the short version: Tiff and I went to the Victoria Tea Festival on Sunday afternoon and were blown away by the amount of samples...and not just tea! Pastries, cookies, cakes, anything and everything sweet and delectible. Well, where does the tuna fall in? One of the booths was selling cans of some sort of tuna and had samples on crackers. I do NOT know what we were thinking, but when you are in the flow of sampling and trying everything, you really don't put a whole lot of thought into what you put in your mouth. So, we both ate the tuna and were seriously almost sick right then! You know it's bad when you can't even get it down, let alone what will happen hours later. Anyway, we quickly washed it down with some tea and cookies and put it out of our minds.... until that night! I will spare you the details, but it was a LONG day that I couldn't wait to be over. I even went to bed at 7pm to try and end my suffering as early as possible. Thankfully, I slept nearly 12 hours and woke up today feeling almost back to normal...but STARVING. I will take hungry and healthy over yesterday's ugliness anyday though. I am sure glad that is over! )

So, back to today...

Four great things:

1) Wendy returned (that could be a "great thing" on it's own :-), but even better: she came bearing gifts from her sister. Sandy, an avid sewer, made me an apron and some napkins. POODLES! PEACOCKS! Thanks, Sandy!!



2) Brooks sent me some slippers! Actually, these are their T5 Racers, but soooo comfy that I am wearing them as slippers this evening. They look fast though so I may find myself striding down the hall to the bathroom (OK, BAD joke, especially after yesterdays episodes!) I do like the name of the colour though: Furnace. That is HOT.


3) My new ride (well, for today, anyway). Bill at Pro City Cycles was kind enough to set me up on this Trek Madone to test on our ride today. It is one seriously nice bike and there is a chance I may be setting Big Blue aside for this new svelte creature. 


4) And, last but definitely not least: only 10 days until Adam is here!! 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats a fast looking bike... a piece of art.
Molto bello
Damiano

Lauren said...

DAMIANO! I am so glad I have your seal of approval.
Ciao.
For now.

Lauren said...

DAMIANO! I am so glad I have your seal of approval.
Ciao.
For now.

Sarah Groff said...

First of all, YOU GOT FOOD POISONING!!! HAHA! Sorry, I can now make fun of you. Secondly, sweet hook ups with Brooks (great shoes!), great apron and the bike looks awesome. And, most importantly, it has the Damiano seal of approval...