Friday, May 29, 2009

Hail to the Kale


I need to share another recipe. Although this time I cannot take any credit as it is from the Planet Organic website and a regular in their in-store deli. 

Adam loves kale and I do not, but I am always on the look-out for recipes that make this bitter green palatable. We both enjoy this in their deli on a regular basis and I didn't realize until recently that the exact recipe was shared in their cookbook (which I happened to own... thanks, Kirsten :)

So, if you do (or think you don't) like kale, I urge you to try this one: Hail to the Kale Salad. It's good after it marinates in the fridge for a couple of hours, but even better the next day. I was actually looking forward to the leftovers today and after we scraped the bowl clean, I am already planning to make it again.*

*Rinny, if you are reading this, do not be angry with me. I do not eat only bitter greens for dinner nor do I recommend you try this recipe (if you thought quinoa was bad....) I promise that Sundrops, donuts and M&M's are still a staple of my diet....

**This salad can be made 'baconic' with the addition of copious amounts of filthy, greasy bacon. For more complete carnivorous recipes, please contact Chef Jordan Rapp.

No comments: