Friday, October 31, 2008

The Quilt







Today was our second class and we learned to construct most of the blocks that will be used in the quilt. It was fun to piece together the strips and blocks and start to see the quilt unfold. I can already see that my quilt is going to be very vibrant, but I love it.


I realize all of my posts lately are either about my arts and crafts, cooking experiences, or the sillier moments of my life. I promise I still am training, often twice a day, along with elbow rehab, injury prevention exercises in the gym, core work, and even a few pilates classes. Overall the training is still somewhat relaxed and unstructured, and will continue this way until December. I figure I will have ALL season to blog about my training so I might as well share my fun with crafts while I still have the time and energy. Don't worry, there will be plenty of talk about tired legs, ice baths and naps in the coming months.

Right now I need to get these m&m's out of sight before there are none left for the trick-or-treaters. How is the turnout so far? Well, we've had nine-times as many kids as ever before (you can do the math.....). That leaves 41 packages of candy left for me.... oh boy...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your quilt is looking very cool! I love the patterns you have chosen, and think they go so well together.
I can't wait to see how it progresses.

We get our goldendoodle this weekend, so I will send some pictures over to you next week, since I know you love poodles!

Have fun on the East coast!

Karla : )